Requesting a Standard SSL Certificate
After you've purchased a Standard SSL, you must request the certificate. Requesting your certificate provides us necessary information to validate your identity and provide the correct type of certificate for your server or website.
To Request Your Standard SSL
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- From the My Products section, click SSL Certificates.
- Next to the new certificate you want to set up, click Manage Certificate.
- Next to your Standard SSL, click Request Certificate.
- Select where your certificate is going to be hosted and provide the following information, based on your selection:
- Web Hosting, Grid Hosting, WebSite Tonight, Quick Shopping Cart, or Dream Web Site
- Select the domain name for the SSL.
- Dedicated Server or Virtual Dedicated Server, with Simple Control Panel
- Select the server that uses Simple Control Panel in your account for the SSL.
- Third Party, or Dedicated Server or Virtual Dedicated Server, without Simple Control Panel
- Enter the CSR generated by your server.
- Click Next.
- Confirm your information, and then click Next.
Follow the instructions on the What now? page to complete your certificate request.